|Named after a Mayor of Cagayan de Oro. It was the site of the first Spanish settlement established in 1622. A stone fort was built around the vicinity but was later demolished by the Spanish authorities. It also became an execution ground for Spanish criminals and later a training ground for local soldiers in the Philippine-American War. After World War II, the Japanese Government planted cherry blossomsaround the park as a gift to the city.