|This was the former site of the Casa Real de Cagayan or the Spanish Provincial Governors residence. On January 10, 1899, a two day celebration was held (Fiesta Nacional) declaring Philippine independence from Spain under the Aguinaldo government. In front of the Casa Real, the Philippine flag was raised and the Philippine anthem sung for the second time in Mindanao. The building however was demolished and in 1940 the existing City Hall was built in its place. It is among the buildings that survived the Japanese and American bombardment in World War II.